The Linda Tutt High School Disciplinary Alternative Education Program (DAEP) serves Sanger Independent School District. Students are assigned by their home campus when they have violations of the student code of conduct. Texas Education Code and district’s student code of conduct stipulates specific circumstances under which students can be assigned to DAEP. The length of the DAEP assignment varies depending on the student’s behavioral violation. The minimum length of stay is typically 30 days. Students are not permitted to be on their home campus for ANY reason (including extracurricular activities) until their DAEP assignment is complete.
- Intakes for DAEP students are on Tuesday and Thursdays beginning at 8:30 am and please note that the meetings can be up to an hour in length.
- While at DAEP student's attendance and grades are reported regularly to their home campus.
- The program utilizes a structured level system that requires students to earn 20+ points to be counted as a successful day.
- Each student is expected to wear a no-logo navy polo (long or short-sleeved) and blue jeans that are without rips or tears as well as tennis shoes each day.
- If a student misses days, those days will need to be made up, extending their time here at Linda Tutt. Upon completion of their days, they will be given a letter that will need to be given to the administration at their home campus upon arrival.