The Choice Program at Linda Tutt High School provides a true alternative climate where a student can graduate at his or her own pace using an online curriculum.The school offers a compassionate learning environment that focuses on the academics needed to obtain a high school diploma. LTHS assists students to stay in school – especially those facing challenging circumstances. It is a great alternative for students who want a change from the traditional high school setting. To enhance that compassionate learning environment, LTHS offers small classes and flexible schedules to assist students in accelerating their academic goals. Because we are a stand-alone high school, as the traditional campuses, we offer high educational standards and the same graduate diploma options required by the Texas Education Agency. Our students graduate with a diploma from Linda Tutt High School as a Sanger ISD student. LTHS has a formal graduation ceremony at the end of each school year. Students interested in attending the Choice Program must be recommended by their home campus counselors and administrators.
The Choice Program Offers:
- Smaller classes with an average of 10 – 15 students per teacher.
- The normal school day is shortened to give students the opportunity to hold down jobs and/or care for family members.
- 1:1 Mentoring program in collaboration with UNT's High School Career Connect Department.
- College & Career Center (STAAR/ACT/SAT/TSI/ASVAB prep, resume writing, application support for jobs, colleges, & FAFSA)
- Field Trips promoting college/career readiness
- Attendance incentives
What You Need to Know:
- There is a $50 annual fee to cover the cost of supplies, incentives, and outings.
- Students attending the Choice Program will be required to abide by the Sanger ISD dress and grooming code.
- All personal electronic devices must be turned in during the instructional day, including during all testing opportunities.
- A Chromebook will be made available to each student for their course work.